One of the ways to stay on top of crepey skin is to eat foods that promote healthy skin in general. Properly nourished skin is better able to withstand the internal and external factors that lead to thinning, crepey skin. Here are a few tips for food for healthier skin.
- Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet that are high in vitamins and antioxidants like blueberries, kiwis, bananas, kale, and spinach.
- Adding foods that are rich in healthy fats like omega-3s can also help keep your skin moisturized and protect it from UV rays. Foods like salmon are great this and are good for your diet.
- Avoid drinks that contain caffeine such as coffee and soda pop, as they can dry out your skin making it susceptible to damage.
- Green tea contains a polyphenol antioxidant called EGCG. EGCG is thought to be a great antioxidant for preventing damage from UV rays.
- Low-fat dairy yogurt tends to be a great source of vitamin A, which as noted above, helps in the creation and promotion of collagen.
- Dark chocolate is filled with flavonoid antioxidants that work well at protecting the skin from UV ray damage.
- Whole grains tend to contain nutrients like folate and niacin, and micronutrients like zinc and magnesium, all of which can contribute to the overall health of the skin.