Acne is caused by an immune system response (inflammation) to bacteria (proprionobacterium acne-P.
Contributors to Acne: Gluten, Dairy and Sugar. In some cases red meat.
- Skip the cleanser in the morning! Try witch hazel instead
- Wash off the day: Use cleanser every night!
- Use a liquid (gentle) exfoliant 3 times a week
- Use a clay mask 2 - 3 times a week
- Use a moisturizer and SPF daily
- Seek a professional for facials every 4 - 6 weeks
- Drink 8 (8 ounce) glasses of water a day
- Eat fruits and veggies: The darker the fruit/veggie the better
- Change your pillowcase every 2 - 3 days
- Sleep with your hair off of your face
The three steps for a teen skincare routine are: Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing. Do not be afraid of facial oils... they can be great for acneic skin as oil dissolves oil. However, too much oil can be dehydrating, so be careful not to overdo it. Focus on the evening routine and be consistent. Do not skip a day.
Avoid skincare products with these ingredients: Parabens, Oxybenzone and Triclocan.